■ Theme: Human and VirusThe COVID-19 pandemic has caused us a lot of material and social damage, but it has also given us the opportunity to reconsider what we have taken for granted. The Earth has already warned us through various infectious diseases such as SARS and MERS, and COVID-19, maybe it is the last signal from The Earth to mankind. The counterattack of the virus begins with the destruction of balance with nature is destroyed. The international community needs to be more united, cooperative, and active in communicating with each other. The 8th Bio-Art International Contest is held under the theme of "Virus and Humans.". We look forward to taking time to think about humanity through works with many messages.
■ Who can apply
- Individuals and groups (maximum of 4 members), domestic / international
- Digital photography, Microscope photography, Computer graphics and Video clip
■ Submissions guidelines
- Digital photography: Image should be minimum 3000px on the longer edge. Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
Partial retouched is allowed, but editing, composition and synthesis are prohibited.
- Microscope photography: Image should be taken in the maximum resolution supported by device. Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
- Computer graphics: Image should be 300dpi or higher resolution in A2 paper size (420mmx594mm). Submitted as JPG file 3MB ~ 50MB.
- The Video clips: Screen size should be in HD(1280 × 720) or FHD(1920 x 1080) square pixels. Play time should be within 3 minutes. File format should be MPEG4 (you may select H.264/AVC1 as compression codec).
- The file should contain contents that meet the purpose of Bio-Art international contest.
■ How to apply
- Submit and upload the file on the contest website.
- Consult with the organizer if you want to submit your own special work.
- In case of fine art (painting, drawing etc.), it can be submitted as well, if it can be scanned in high quality to meet image specifications above.
Application period - July 15 (Wed.) ~ August 31(Mon.) .2020 (The mail is valid until August 31 on the postmark.)
- Grand prize (1 individual of team) certificate + 3,000,000 KRW
- Second prize (3 individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 1,000,000 KRW
- Third prize (10 i individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 300,000 KRW
- Participation Prize (20 individual(s) or team(s)) certificate
- Jury Prize (3 individual(s) of team(s)) certificate + 500,000 KRW
- Judges- Professors or Experts related Bioscience, Art, and Education
- Judging criteria- artistry, technology, creativity, popularity
■ Award Announcement
- September 2020 (Website announcement and individual contact to winners)
■ Exhibition schedule
- Date: October 8 (Thu.) ~ October 15 (Thu.). 2020
- Venue: Gwacheon Citizen Center
- Awards ceremony: October 8 (Thu.).2020, 2PM (planned), Gwacheon Citizen Center small theater
■ Hosted by Gwacheon city
■ Organized by Medicinal Bioconvergence Research Center, Korean fine arts association Gwacheon
■ Supported by Ministry if Science and ICT
1) Winning works will not be returned. The supervisors can use prize-winning works for promotion and advertising of the event to produce exhibits, drawings, postcards, etc.. The works also can be registered in online photo galleries.
2) Public charge and tax for prize money will be applied.
3) For the winning team, the prize will be awarded as a team, but the prize money will be paid to the team leader.
4) Depending on the quality and quantity of participant’s works, the details of award are subject to change.
5) Works with inaccurate candidate information or works with not works not complying with the work specifications and requirements can be exempted from the evaluation.
6) In case of entering a winning or similar work by another competition, the award will be cancelled.
7) In case of plagiarism, copyright, or award-winning problems, the exhibitor is responsible for all legal responsibilities, including the return of the prize and the invalidation of the winnings.
8) Details of the contest, such as the announcement of the award and award-winning works, may be changed by the circumstances of the organizer, and changes will be posted on the website.